Monday, September 21, 2015

My Life Is A Box Of Crayons

At a very young age the odd names of each crayon taught me to be descriptive.       

Fresh cut grass is shamrock 
The ocean is indigo and cobalt blue 
Sunsets are wild watermelon and atomic tangerine 
Sadness is periwinkle Pain is absolute zero 
Anger is brick red  Frustration is mahogany 
Love was rose quartz, 
Love is now dull rose dust 
My tears are periwinkle 
My hands are brick red  
I don't blame him, I just miss him, I miss feeling every shade of pink 
I miss his magic mint and blizzard blue eyes 
His cinnamon satin lips 
I miss the vivid violet memories and the hum of his wintergreen dream suburban 
I bloomed to carnation pink and he told me I was homemade peach ice cream 
He no longer describes me but at least I know, 
That his favorite color is forest green and mine is purple mountains' majesty and together we made the perfect scenery. 


6 comments: