Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Exerpts from the poems I never finished

My heart acts like an organ less and less each day, it's a compass and I'm lost 
electric sparks like a radio dropped
in a rusted claw footed tub
I AM ONLY A FIRST DRAFT
Love is when you don't want to sleep in your own bed because they aren't there with you and no pillow will ever be a substitute 
the army of therapists and pharmacists deemed me unstable and depressed , unable to fight and unfit for ...
body heat radiates like a nuclear plant
they say "you're real and people are scared of that"
his touch shakes my ribs   DON'T TELL ME SOMETHING THAT ISN'T TRUE                                                                      JUST TO SET THE MOOD
I AM A VIXEN, A FOX AND I GET WHAT I WANT
I can feel the color spectrum when he looks at me
sometimes the best poetry 
can come from hurting 
feelings are not something you can copy and paste
and love is not something you can shrink to fit
cellophane heart, stain glass eyes, gramophone ears 
because he couldn't tell the difference between my body and his 
just because i am a size zero doesn't mean you have to treat me like one
i miss the grooves of your lips 
supply and demand, 
'factories' manufacture fake friends
NEW SHIPMENTS DAILY


5 comments:

  1. feelings are not something you can copy and paste
    and love is not something you can shrink to fit

    that is SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lovee this idea! Might use it for one of my extra 5 thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in love with you.

    This ... So many bits of goodness.

    You're a genius.

    ReplyDelete
  4. please post more because you are wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is probably the best idea I've ever seen i absolutely adore this

    ReplyDelete