Monday, May 2, 2016

Dessert

Maybe my soul’s all right
But my body’s all wrong
Maybe I'm in love 
But I don't really know what love is 
Too many times I've said maybe 
Too many times I've said sorry 

Getting a thread through the needle is the easy part
I don't know how to avoid getting my finger pricked 
I've never fallen into a deep sleep, 
But I wish I would 
I'm too tired
It's hard to love life and the people in it when I don't love myself, 
But I don't hate myself. 
My life isn't horrible but I wish 
I didn't live in the clouds 
And I could taste the fruits of prosperity 
I'm Hannah banana and I bruise inside and out 

I'm familiar with the texture and sound of I'm sorry and I'm used to it, 
And maybe 
Sometimes things make sense, but this poem doesn't. 
Oh well maybe that's how it's suppose to be 
Supposedly things happen for a reason
Maybe God didn’t like the look of my face when he saw it
Sometimes a big dog looks right into it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment